The science behind Revalor®-XS
Proprietary delayed-release technology delivers trenbolone acetate and estradiol in a unique way.
Designed for steers fed in confinement, Revalor®-XS delivers the
combination of trenbolone acetate and estradiol of two-implant programs in a single administration,
thanks to its unique, delayed release technology.
Each Revalor®-XS implant consists of 10 small pellets.
- The first four pellets are uncoated, which allows them to go to work immediately after
- The other six pellets are coated with the patented X7™ polymer. The
pellets take effect after 70 to 80 days on feed, providing the performance of a terminal
implant without the need for reprocessing.
End section - Uncoated (25x)
End section - Coated (25x)
Miroscopic view of coated and uncoated pellets
Each pellet contains 20 mg of trenbolone acetate and 4 mg of estradiol, for a total dose of
200 mg of trenbolone acetate and 40 mg of estradiol per implant.
Trenbolone acetate blood levels†
The following study compares the blood levels of trenbolone acetate and estradiol for two different
-XS and a comparable-dose, two-implant program.*
- The study involved 20 animals. Ten animals were implanted with Revalor®-XS,
while the remaining ten were assigned to the two-implant program group.
- Both groups were implanted on Day 0. The two-implant program group was implanted again on Day 70.
- Blood levels of trenbolone acetate and estradiol were measured twice per week for 200 days.
Revalor®-XS delivered more consistent levels of trenbolone acetate throughout the course of the
* Two-implant program:
- Composition of 1st implant = 80 mg trenbolone acetate and 16 mg estradiol
- Composition of 2nd implant = 120 mg trenbolone acetate and 24 mg estradiol
† Data on file.
REVALOR® is a registered trademark of Intervet International B.V. Used under license.